Recently Reveal technology and Teal drone, a part of Red Cat Holdings, worked together to build a multi-drone mapping system. It was tested and demonstrated to the U.S. military, which responded positively.
What is multi-drone mapping? Which technology are they using for multi-drone mapping? Are you curious about the details? Then follow this article to the end.
What shall we learn
- What is multi-drone mapping?
- Which technology are they using for multi-drone mapping
- Details about Teal Drones and Reveal Technology
- What are the advantages of using such a system
- Can we use it in other applications instead of military applications?
What is multi-drone mapping
Before knowing a multi-drone mapping system, we need to understand a regular drone mapping system. The essential drone mapping system is a kind of system which utilizes single drone footage from a different angle to create a 3d cloud mesh of any site. In a multi-drone system, we use multiple drones at a time to make the 3D visualization within a short period. Using this technology, we can cover a large area effectively and efficiently.
Which technology are they using for multi-drone mapping
Teal drones successfully demonstrated their 4-ship system to the U.S. military. Now they collaborated with Reveal technology which people are famous for its visual analytics system. In this mapping system, they successfully integrated everything quite well. The process in which, using multiple 2D images, we can create 3D mesh is known as photogrammetry. Teal’s 4-ship swarm drone and reveal’s FarSight software are using this technique effectively, which is very important for any battleground.
Details about Teal Drones and Reveal Technology
Teal drones are a small part of red cat holdings. They are responsible for creating and supplying different military-grade drones and the swarm of drones. Golden eagle and 4-ship are two such kinds of things.
On the other hand, Reveal technology is a military-grade software company. The famous software of this company is FarSight software. This software is divided into three parts.
- FarSight mobile
- FarSight Node
- FarSight Edge
For more details about these organizations, please visit here teal || Reveal
What are the advantages of using such a system?
After successfully testing teal’s 4-ship, photogrammetry becomes more effective using the FarSight system. It gives military teams detailed 3D maps of a target area in real-time. Some of the most popular Features are
- LOS and Best Route analysis allow persons to choose a perfect route without being tracked by the enemy. They determine these things using different A.I. algorithms, elevation mapping, and terrain analysis.
- Graphing using the terrain analysis method
- It can detect vertical distance from the drone using atmospheric pressure and photogrammetry techniques which help to see different objects’ heights from the ground. Using this army can detect safe helicopter landing and the safest zone on the site.
These characteristics work together to give a team a more thorough understanding of the situation as it truly is on the ground, making missions more successful.
Can we use it in other applications instead of military applications?
Yes, this system can be used for different purposes. Even a 4-ship system will be available commercially very soon. This is an emerging technology that has vast potential. So, with the wrong intention, it can create a big disaster. So maybe the multi-drone system will not be available for the public, but we can dream of flying a 4-ship soon.
The drone industry is increasing. China, India, the USA and many other countries actively contribute to the drone segment. So, if you want to know the best drone start-up, visit here for more details.