Are you from India or any other location where the mini 2 maximum altitude is limited? Then this blog will help you to bypass that limit. This 15m limit is very annoying when you want to take a snap or video using your nano beast. So, here we will learn how to eliminate this 15-meter limit from DJI mini 2 without using any computer or spending money.
Though this is not a permanent solution, it is still an easy process. To use this feature, you need to do the below steps before every flight, but don’t worry; it will take only 1 minute to set up everything.
Before digging into the topic, I need to clarify some possible consequences if you try to fly above 15m using a DJI mini 2 drone. As this drone falls under the 249gm category, no special permission is required to fly. But for this reason, some countries limit their fly height due to internal laws. India is one of them.
So if you want to fly above that limit, please get special permission from the local authority. If you don’t, the government can take legal action against you if they find someone flying above the max height limit. They may destroy the drone using different anti-drone systems.
Which App do we need to eliminate DJI mini 2 altitude limit?
Rainbow is the App, which we will use to eliminate the limit. This App is free of cost and is available in the play store and app store. There are many other apps like the rainbow, some of which are paid apps.
But I used this rainbow app and had a great experience with this. With This App, you can extend the height limit up to 500 m which is enough for a beginner pilot.
How to use this Rainbow app?
Install this rainbow app on your smartphone along with the DJI fly app. In both apps, log in with some details. Now, these two apps are ready to start your mission. We will control our drone using the DJI fly app; for the altitude limit, we will use this rainbow in the background.
Follow These steps for DJI mini 2
- Now close both of the apps (DJI Fly and Rainbow) .
- Please turn on the drone and place it in a safe zone
- Next open the Rainbow app and Turn on the remote after connecting the cable with the remote.
- After remote on if DJI fly app opens, then close the fly app
- Now your drone is on, the remote is on, and only the rainbow app is running on your smartphone.
- Next, this rainbow app will ask you to log in.
- After login, It will show the drone, which is DJI mini 2, is connected and Ready to fly.
- Click on the ‘FLY Drone’.
- Next turn on the DJI fly App, and here also click on ‘GO FLY’
- Click on the three dots on the right top side of the screen in the DJI Fly app. The ‘Max Altitude’ is set to 15 under the safety section.
- Now go to the rainbow app and click on ‘Ready to go’ on the top left side.
- Here you will find one option, “Set Max Flight Altitude” click on it, change it to 500 and click on agree.
- Now switch Back to the DJI fly app. Here you can notice the maximum altitude is 500 m.
- And it is now ready to fly above 15 meters.
If You disconnect your remote from your phone, then you need to do the same process from the beginning before flying your drone next time.
With the 4k resolution and better battery life, this DJI mini 2 is the best choice for beginner drone pilots. Due to its compactness and limited restrictions worldwide, travel bloggers widely use it.
With this Rainbow app, you can edit different parameters of DJI mini 2 and can take the best aerial shots.
How can DJI Virtual Flight eliminate your fear of flying avata? Read it Here