After making FPV flying simple, the new DJI Avata increased its client base. This avata is not a regular FPV drone; that’s why it is causing more confusion among professional FPV flyers or those who want to become professional FPV flyers. DJI avata is DJI’s second FPV drone but not the upgraded version or 2nd version of the existing DJI FPV. It is made from a different perspective. So, in this blog, we will decide the winner of the DJI Avata vs FPV race.
Some of the common questions regarding the new DJI AVATA are
- Do we need to upgrade from the existing DJI FPV to DJI Avata?
- Does DJI avata support manual mode?
- Can we operate the DJI Avata with a DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 ?
Don’t worry; You’ve arrived at the right location to clear up your confusion.
DJI FPV unlocked a whole new universe with its distinctive perspectives and innovative operating techniques for DJI users accustomed to camera drones. As the DJI FPV was DJI’s 1st FPV drone, in the avata, it tried to remove all the cons from the DJI FPV by limiting some of the functionality. Both are state-of-the-art drones from DJI, but they may not be fit for your application. They are very much dependent on your usability.
Similarities Between two drones in the battle of DJI Avata vs FPV
Both the drones have three modes
- Normal Mode
- Sports Mode
- Manual mode or Acro Mode
In normal mode, you can fly slowly and steadily; in sports mode, you can get more speed than in normal mode with steady flight. In Manual Mode, you can control all the features of your choice,this mode is also known as Acro mode.
Both of the drones Have the same GPS features
- GPS and VPS (imagery-based unit positioning System) hover
- Manual override
- RTH (Return to Home)
Pros and Cons of DJI avata
- DJI avata is a Cine whoop style mini FPV drone equipped with flagship ocusync 3+ video transmission technology, but for DJI FPV, the technology is ocusync 3
- It is the most durable drone by DJI, and you can fly this drone without worrying about crashes and damage. It will help you to gain more confidence in narrow spaces and sharp turns.
- As this drone comes with a motion controller, the learning curve of this drone is smooth.
- It comes with a greater camera than DJI FPV.
- This drone is compatible with DJI Goggles 2, DJI FPV Goggles V2, DJI Motion Controller and DJI FPV Remote Controller 2
- Speed is lower than DJI FPV
- Not so powerful
- Cost is high
Pros and Cons of DJI FPV
- More horizontal and verticle speed than DJI avata
- More Powerful than avata
- Agile in performance
- Four obstacle avoidance sensors available
- Ocusync 3 is used
- Not robust like avata
- The drone camera is not so good, Need an Extra Go-pro or action camera to record video.
- Only goggle version 2 and a smart controller is available for this drone
- The learning curve is not smooth, and it will take time to use DJI Flight Simulator or DJI Virtual Flight
Side by Side Comparison of the most important features to choose between DJI Avata vs FPV
|Features||DJI FPV||DJI Avata|
|CMOS Size||1/2.3-inch sensor||1/1.7-inch sensor|
|Weight||795 g approximately||410 gm|
|-Built-in propeller guard||No||Yes|
|Dimension||255x312x127 mm||180×180×80 mm|
|Effective pixels||12 MP||48 MP|
|Field of View (FOV)||150 degrees||155 Degree|
|Motion Control||Hand||Head and Hand|
|Electronic image stabilisation||RockSteady||RockSteady and HorizonSteady|
|Communication Technology||Ocu sync 3||Ocu sync 3+|
|Flight Time||16 Mins||18 Mins|
DJI Avata vs FPV : Which quality do you need to judge before buying your drone
If you want speed, more professional moves and you can manage to get video from any action camera, then go for a DJI FPV. FPV enthusiasts are looking for a well-built, out-of-the-box racing drone that is ready to fly, then FPV is the right choice.
If you want to play safe, taste the sweetness of the FPV flying as a beginner, want richer content from the existing drone camera, and need durability and a smooth learning curve, then you can go for DJI Avata.
So, if you have an existing DJI FPV, the upgrade depends on your next goals. If you want to fly any FPV drone without risk, then you can upgrade for the avata.